You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issue with disappearing iPhone on Finder sidebar to sync Music

One second the iPhone is there, then it's gone, back and forth. Then the message says it can't find my iPhone. Then it's back, attempt to sync, then it's gone. Then the Trust this Mac disappears which doesn't stay up long enough to click yes. Fortunately it was up long enough once to load my playlists. Now I'm unable to update my playlists. I am using the iPhone USB/Lightning cable connected directly to my iMac. Something is seriously broken. Half hour later… OH LOOK! It's back! QUICK! Holding my breath… watching that pie.

If anybody else is familiar with this issue and has a solution, please advise. SO aggravating.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jul 18, 2020 5:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2020 6:13 PM

Thank you!! Switching one iPhone cable to another seemed to do the trick. Still not sure why message says iPhone can't be found when I hit the Sync button. Hit Okay and syncing resumes. Back to restoring my iTunes Music… thanks again!!!!

2 replies

Jul 22, 2020 11:04 AM in response to macuser7

Hi macuser7,

We understand you are experiencing an intermittently unresponsive connection between your Mac and iPhone.

We would recommend reviewing this article: If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod.

Additionally, we would recommend testing with a different Lightning to USB cable.

Hope this helps!

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!

Issue with disappearing iPhone on Finder sidebar to sync Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.