You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

favorites in finder are gone

This is very odd. Some days ago I figured out that the icons in the favorites section in every finder window are gone. I tried to reactivate them from Finder preferences, they were already enabled. I deactivate them and activate them again without lucky.

I restart the computer, no success. It's very uncomfortable to navigate the disc without the favorites because I need to start from hard disk for every file I need.

Anybody know I to correct this? There is some configuration file I can delete or modify from the shell to reset the finder configuration? I'm using Catalina 10.15.5.

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Jul 14, 2020 9:22 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2020 9:25 AM

Hover the cursor to the right of the word Favorites. You should see the word "Show". Click it.

3 replies

favorites in finder are gone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.