You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t send emails

With my Apple ID I can’t send emails so how do I fix the problem

iPad Pro

Posted on Jul 9, 2020 8:32 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2020 12:37 PM

Did you try the steps in the article I posted?

Some other things you can try. Do you have access to another WiFi network where you can try? That has worked for several people.

Try a restart.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch         

Try a forced restart.

Reset Device.      

If necessary

Hard reset.        

Do a backup and try a factory reset. Then restore from your backup.

Restore to Factory setting.      

Backup - Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup.      

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 9, 2020 12:37 PM in response to Sganty29

Did you try the steps in the article I posted?

Some other things you can try. Do you have access to another WiFi network where you can try? That has worked for several people.

Try a restart.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch         

Try a forced restart.

Reset Device.      

If necessary

Hard reset.        

Do a backup and try a factory reset. Then restore from your backup.

Restore to Factory setting.      

Backup - Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup.      

Jul 9, 2020 1:39 PM in response to Sganty29

Mail Send button greyed out issue - in case Mail is not set up to use iCloud on your device:

I was helping my wife with the same issue on her phone. Seems that while her icloud account was set up on her phone, Mail app was not activated. This resulted in composing an email having a greyed out send button, and when trying to email a photo from an app like photos, the dialogue came up to set up an email account. Which would lead to a message "This iCloud Account Has Already Been Added to Your iPhone or iPad". Which would bring me back to square one.

Checking Mail app itself, everything seemed fine.

Turns out Mail must be switched on in iCloud settings.

If this has not been done on your phone, it is very simple, as I learned from a video on Youtube by Techno Window:

Settings > scroll down to "passwords and accounts" (just above "Mail") > "Accounts" - choose iCloud > iCloud > "Apps using icloud" - slide the button beside "Mail"

Hope this may help someone : )

Can’t send emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.