You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wrong default keyboard

I have three Apple keyboards loaded in my settings. One is English. One is French. One is emoji.

Since getting this new iPad (7th Gen) my keyboard defaults to French unless I purposely select English on the globe. Although I do use French from time to time I’ve never had an issue with that keyboard being the default. I want the English keyboard as my default and I can think of no way of fixing that.

Where it becomes the most annoying is when I am doing speech to text typing and an entire sentence is gibberish because it expects to hear French when I’m speaking English.

I should mention that even when I do purposely select English as my keyboard it seems to revert back to French after a certain amount of time or between applications.

I have removed the French keyboard and reinstalled it but I did not work to resolve. Latest update done.

Thanks.

iPad

Posted on Jul 7, 2020 7:03 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Wrong default keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.