You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Super slow after 13.5.1 update

My iPhone has become terribly slow since updating to OS 13.5.1. Never had issue before. Everything is Super slow. If someone knows how to fix it, that would be great.

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 4, 2020 10:32 AM

8 replies

Jul 5, 2020 6:43 AM in response to Jescoboy3

Same thing happened to me on my 6s. I deleted almost all of my apps and tried clearing up as much storage space as possible. It still didn't work. What helped the most was turning off location services entirely. Now it's responsive but a lot of things don't work at all. I can't take any pictures, iMessages arrive 10 minutes late, etc. I gave in and ordered a new phone.

Jul 7, 2020 1:01 PM in response to rainmanbk

I figured it out! It was the Aetna Attain app for me. 99% sure. After I deleted that my phone was back to normal. I never knew that an app could totally debilitate my phone light that. It was not even running in the background from what I could tell. But I guess it was trying to do something behind the scenes. I noticed it under the diagnostic logs. I’d check those out and see if it pinpoints anything. Good luck!

Jul 7, 2020 4:56 PM in response to Jescoboy3

No no nothing that sinister haha. I’m sure it’s just incompetence in app development or a weird bug introduced because of the update. But yeah I guess you could try deleting every single app. I haven’t tried but reinstalling the app I had problems with may even fix it. I’m just enjoying having a working phone so I haven’t yet haha.

Jul 7, 2020 6:45 PM in response to mdd5017

Follow-up a few days later. A couple other things also seemed to help. Turn off all visual effects in display settings and accessibility: transparency, motion, animations, etc. Basically turn off all functions which iOS is trying to use to enhance graphics. After this I was able to use my 6s until my 11 arrived.

Super slow after 13.5.1 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.