You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What’s up with this cellular update failed when I have done no updates ?

I just received a notice that the cellular functions of my iPhone would not work until I took certain actions because a cellular update had failed . I don’t understand how that could be possible since I haven’t initiated and updates for quite awhile. Can anyone explain how this this happens

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 28, 2020 12:56 AM

6 replies

Jun 29, 2020 9:31 PM in response to donv_the_ghost

I tried to do the latest ios update and it wont work. No carrier updates show as available. When I try to do an update It says I am not online. And I am on line. Messages work email works so I am blocked from doing anything. Can I connect it to my Macbook Pro and update thru the Itunes store. or am i going to need to do a reset on the whole thing?

Jul 14, 2020 8:38 PM in response to Eric Root

The problem came back soon. I managed to update iOS thru itunes. but that was no help.I did some more digging and found that on iPhone 7 that there is a know hardware failure on certain model and serial numbers and it linked to where I could enter my info to see if mine was one of them and it was. I have an appointment next week to drop it off at a specific Best Buy where it will sent in for repair at no cost. I have another phone on the way but at least I will have a spare now. Thanks again!

What’s up with this cellular update failed when I have done no updates ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.