You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

đź’ˇ Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I check if my AirPods are fake?

How can I check if my airpods are fake ??

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jun 16, 2020 8:30 AM

3 replies

Jun 16, 2020 8:34 AM in response to Georrruiz

Find the serial number on the AirPods case. This will be located on the under-side of the lid, in the left cup, and on the bottom of the right earpiece. Once you see your Apple serial number, go to checkcoverage.apple.com and type the number in there. If they are authentic, the search will find that they are Apple AirPods. This will not work with any fake serial number.

Jun 16, 2020 8:38 AM in response to Georrruiz

Hmmm, the best way to ensure that any products you buy are genuine and not counterfeit are to buy from an authorized dealer or direct from the manufacturer. That you're asking the question suggests that maybe you received yours as a gift or acquired them some other way. Here's a decent page on how to tell: https://legitcheck.app/guides/apple/airpods-fake-vs-real/#Step_1_Check_whether_the_serial_number_matches_Apples_official_records. There are lots of other type pages on the first page of a Google search on this, but they all generally focus first on the serial number and then on some other identifying markings. Unfortunately, its really the serial number that is the tell, as counterfeiters get better and better each year at emulating markings of other kinds. Good luck!

--JDee

How can I check if my AirPods are fake?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.