You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Offline notifications

Hi, I have a series 5 watch with cellular enabled. I read that you should still receive push notifications on your watch even when out of reach of your phone, however I only get notifications when my phone is within distance. Any advice please?

Apple Watch Series 5, watchOS 6

Posted on Jun 15, 2020 1:51 AM

4 replies

Jun 15, 2020 2:47 AM in response to Kshaw20

This is a paragraph from the link below;

1. To receive SMS, MMS or push notifications from third-party apps on your cellular Apple Watch, your paired iPhone must be turned on and connected to a Wi-Fi or mobile network, but it doesn't need to be nearby. You also need to be signed in to iMessage on your iPhone.

And here is where it came from;

Use your Apple Watch when your iPhone is not nearby

Jun 15, 2020 2:26 AM in response to Community User

Thanks, that article seems to say for 3rd party apps notifications will only be delivered when paired to your phone, so does that mean you have to have your phone within Bluetooth distance? I just want to clarify as saw a different post when users said they did receive WhatsApp notifications on their watch even when their phone wasn’t nearby. If there’s a way I could get notifications when I’ve left my phone at home it would be great.

Offline notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.