You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery health new iPhone

On June 2nd I received my brand new iPhone XS. I’ve been very careful with the battery usage and charging, since that was a big issue on my old iPhone (a 7). I don’t keep the charger plugged when the battery has reached 100% and hardly watch YouTube videos/play games so that I don’t have to charge as often. Yet still when I check the battery health it’s already (June 14th) on 98%. I asked a friend who’s had an iPhone 11 since like March what her battery health was, and it was still on 100%. She charges it overnight, watches YouTube videos and plays games on Snapchat. The only thing I could possibly think of could be the culprit is the fact I sometimes use a third-party charger. I don’t know if that has any influence on battery health? I hope someone can help me figure this out! :) thanks in advance.

Anne

iPhone XS

Posted on Jun 14, 2020 2:33 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2020 2:36 AM

Hi,

Check this link https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT208387

Please always use the original charger provided with your phone.

2 replies

Battery health new iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.