You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When i signed into my icloud i got a message that said my icloud and imessage were different, why

Why am I getting a message when I sign into my Apple ID that says my ICloud and IMessage are different?

Posted on Jun 13, 2020 4:24 AM

7 replies

Jun 13, 2020 2:49 PM in response to Confusedummi

I had to sign out of iTunes, not App Store. That was fun! Instead of signing in through settings I went to iTunes, not the App Store, at the bottom of page you sign in. Then a second request for my password came up. I ignored it. I then went to Safari and signed in to iCloud online, signed out of all browsers at the bottom, went back to my iPhone (and iPad) and turned on save Messages to iCloud if it had gone off. I actually had to do this several times, but finally got iMessage account back and saved to cloud. I won’t say more, but it worked and it was a pain.

Jun 14, 2020 11:35 AM in response to Community User

Oh I also needed to delete my iCloud backup. I went to “Manage iCloud backup” and instead of going over one page as it should, it went two (2). I then made sure what I wanted was marked, but when I hit “backup” the message was that apps would be left out. I went down to “backups” clicked on that then deleted. I did NOT lose any data. My data and messages were backing up to iCloud, just not one I could find. I seem to have my phone back. iPad is older and a different account I am still working on it. I don’t mean to sound negative. Just remember if you have messages, or anything in Cloud that matters even with Apple, a very good company, you need to check like once a month that all is well.

When i signed into my icloud i got a message that said my icloud and imessage were different, why

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.