You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV+ crashes

Hi, I'm running Apple TV on a brand new MBP but it quite often crashes while watching a show. I need to restart the app and start the episode from the start again. Have had this several times now. I'm on a stable fibre to the home broadband connection so that shouldn't be the problem. Other people experiencing this too?

Posted on Jun 12, 2020 8:51 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2020 2:29 PM

Hello robbert153,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that the TV app unexpectedly quits on your MacBook Pro. I can definitely see how this could be concerning. The remaining steps in the following resource may help:

If an app freezes or quits unexpectedly on Mac

If the issue persists, test in another user account. This will help determine if the issue is specific to your user account or system wide.

How to test an issue another user account on your Mac

Let us know the results. Do other apps quit unexpectedly? Please include any other troubleshooting steps that you may have tried.

Have a nice day!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 16, 2020 2:29 PM in response to robbert153

Hello robbert153,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that the TV app unexpectedly quits on your MacBook Pro. I can definitely see how this could be concerning. The remaining steps in the following resource may help:

If an app freezes or quits unexpectedly on Mac

If the issue persists, test in another user account. This will help determine if the issue is specific to your user account or system wide.

How to test an issue another user account on your Mac

Let us know the results. Do other apps quit unexpectedly? Please include any other troubleshooting steps that you may have tried.

Have a nice day!

Apple TV+ crashes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.