You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble with some websites opening in Safari

I have OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 on my MacPro Retina mid 2014. In the past month, I have noticed some websites cannot be found or pictures will not appear on the website. When I use Google Chrome on the same device, the issue resolves itself. I do not have a lot of space to update to the latest OS X. Should I update to a more recent program, need a new computer, or delete what I can and update to the new? Would I have a setting on that I am unaware about? Please leave detailed suggestions because I am unfamiliar with a lot of software technology.

Safari on my XS phone works fine so that is why I think it is the program rather than the device.

Thanks for your suggestions!

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Jun 10, 2020 2:40 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2020 3:07 PM

Hello,

macOS 10.10 is becoming more increasingly out-of-date with each passing day. You may want to consider updating to a newer version of macOS.

How to upgrade to macOS 10.11 El Capitan - Apple Support

How to upgrade to macOS 10.12 Sierra - Apple Support

How to upgrade to macOS 10.13 High Sierra - Apple Support

How to upgrade to macOS 10.14 Mojave - Apple Support

How to upgrade to macOS 10.15 Catalina - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Trouble with some websites opening in Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.