You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery health management doesn't show with catalina upgrade

I don't see the button for Battery health in my energy saver. I am using a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) running macOS Catalina version 10.15.5. Is this not available on this MacBook laptop?

MacBook

Posted on Jun 10, 2020 10:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2020 10:26 AM

It is only there if your Mac has Thunderbolt 3 ports.

See the following from About battery health management in Mac notebooks - Apple Support

Battery health management is on by default when you buy a new Mac notebook with macOS 10.15.5, or after you upgrade to macOS 10.15.5 on a Mac notebook with Thunderbolt 3 ports.

and from https://www.macworld.com/article/3538611/macos-catalina-new-battery-health-management-to-extend-macbook-battery-life.html

Apple said that the Battery Health Management feature will be available on all MacBooks that are equipped with Thunderbolt 3, so that means all MacBook Pro models from 2016 and later, and the 2018 or later MacBook Air.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 10, 2020 10:26 AM in response to mcbrownmi

It is only there if your Mac has Thunderbolt 3 ports.

See the following from About battery health management in Mac notebooks - Apple Support

Battery health management is on by default when you buy a new Mac notebook with macOS 10.15.5, or after you upgrade to macOS 10.15.5 on a Mac notebook with Thunderbolt 3 ports.

and from https://www.macworld.com/article/3538611/macos-catalina-new-battery-health-management-to-extend-macbook-battery-life.html

Apple said that the Battery Health Management feature will be available on all MacBooks that are equipped with Thunderbolt 3, so that means all MacBook Pro models from 2016 and later, and the 2018 or later MacBook Air.

Battery health management doesn't show with catalina upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.