You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to restore calendar app

hello

I have a 6s iPhone and lost my calendar app. I now have a XR and transferred data to this phone

via iCloud and realised I now don't have the calendar app. how can I restore it on my XR phone

iPhone XR

Posted on Jun 10, 2020 8:19 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2020 8:24 AM

See this Apple support article—>Remove built-in Apple apps from the Home screen on your iOS 10 device or Apple Watch - Apple Support. Note, however, that contacts are not stored in the app itself; the app accesses database of contacts, and those databases are associated with email accounts you have on the phone.

Use the Search function (drag down from the middle of the screen) and search for “Calendar”. If the app appears in the search it is somewhere on your phone. You can look for it on other pages of the home screen, or in folders. If it is in a folder the Search will have the name of folder next to the app.

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 10, 2020 8:24 AM in response to beverley1954

See this Apple support article—>Remove built-in Apple apps from the Home screen on your iOS 10 device or Apple Watch - Apple Support. Note, however, that contacts are not stored in the app itself; the app accesses database of contacts, and those databases are associated with email accounts you have on the phone.

Use the Search function (drag down from the middle of the screen) and search for “Calendar”. If the app appears in the search it is somewhere on your phone. You can look for it on other pages of the home screen, or in folders. If it is in a folder the Search will have the name of folder next to the app.

Jun 10, 2020 8:25 AM in response to beverley1954

Hi. This happened to me as well when I transferred from my iPhone 6s to X. This is what worked for me:

1. Sign in to iCloud.com.
  2. Click the Settings button
  3. Scroll down and (under Advanced) click Restore Calendars and Reminders
  4. Click Restore next to the date before you deleted your calendars. 
  5. Click Restore again to confirm. You should get an email confirmation

Hope this works for you too.

how to restore calendar app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.