You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted invitation series keeps reappearing

I have 3 very old invitation series in my iCloud calendar, weekly events starting in 2010. I have deleted them from my iCloud calendar, but when I link this very calendar to Outlook, they appear there. I can delete them, but some hours later they are back. Any idea how to permanently remove them?

Posted on Jun 6, 2020 9:16 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2020 11:45 AM

Thank you, Sarah. I eventually managed to solve the problem. My iCloud calendar was set to not show declined invitations, but in Outlook they were visible. So once I made the declined invitations visible in iCloud I was able to delete it, and now they are permanently gone.

2 replies

Jun 9, 2020 11:00 AM in response to Martin_63

Hey there Martin_63,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand events you’ve deleted from your iCloud calendar are appearing in your Outlook calendar. I’ll be happy to help with this.

Do older events from this invitation still show your iCloud calendar? If so, go back to those and see if they are set to repeat at all. If so, turn off the repeat time and import them into your Outlook calendar once more. These links can help:

Add, modify, or delete events in Calendar on Mac

Import or export calendars on Mac

It may also help to make sure macOS is up to date:

How to update the software on your Mac

I hope this helps.

Take care.

Deleted invitation series keeps reappearing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.