You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unicorn Store is denying to accept replacement for accidentally purchased incorrect Apple pencil Gen 2

I have iPad 7th Gen and purchased Apple Pencil Gen 2. Upon trying to pair, I realised it's not compatible version. Right away I raised a replacement request but reseller is denying to do anything to take replacement or return request. I am checking in community to see if you can suggest on my options. Thanks in advance.

Posted on Jun 5, 2020 3:19 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2020 3:35 AM

Unfortunately, your issue is between you and the retailer from whom you made your purchase. If the Pencil is not defective - and you made the mistake of purchasing an incompatible product - I suspect that you are entirely reliant upon the “good will” of the retailer.

If the manufacturers packaging was still sealed/unopened, you may have been in a stronger position; as is, you are attempting to return a “used” (open box) item. Outside of any purchase protection legislation that may apply in your region/country, you’re reliant upon the retailer.

There’s nothing that we or Apple can do to resolve any dispute. You may now be the owner of an Apple Pencil that you cannot use.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 5, 2020 3:35 AM in response to nirvek

Unfortunately, your issue is between you and the retailer from whom you made your purchase. If the Pencil is not defective - and you made the mistake of purchasing an incompatible product - I suspect that you are entirely reliant upon the “good will” of the retailer.

If the manufacturers packaging was still sealed/unopened, you may have been in a stronger position; as is, you are attempting to return a “used” (open box) item. Outside of any purchase protection legislation that may apply in your region/country, you’re reliant upon the retailer.

There’s nothing that we or Apple can do to resolve any dispute. You may now be the owner of an Apple Pencil that you cannot use.

Unicorn Store is denying to accept replacement for accidentally purchased incorrect Apple pencil Gen 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.