You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Which Mac is best for Xcode? (2020)

I’m planning on making my next laptop a Mac, primarily for coding iOS apps with Xcode. I was planning on getting the entry level MacBook Air, which has these specs:

1.1GHz dual-core 10th-generation Intel Core i3 processor

Turbo Boost up to 3.2GHz

Intel Iris Plus Graphics

8GB 3733MHz LPDDR4X memory

256GB SSD storage¹

Is it powerful enough in the long run? Should I invest in something with more storage and memory if I’m going to be using it for Xcode primarily?

I’d like to avoid spending more if it isn’t going to make much of a difference for my usage. I’m also not opposed to spending more if it’s needed.

Thank you!

MacBook Air

Posted on Jun 2, 2020 11:51 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2020 8:30 PM

Is it powerful enough in the long run? Should I invest in something with more storage and memory if I’m going to be using it for Xcode primarily?

No, and yes, respectively.

You're proposing using an entry level device suitable for little more than email messaging and Facebook for development purposes? No.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 2, 2020 8:30 PM in response to just_askin

No, and yes, respectively.

You're proposing using an entry level device suitable for little more than email messaging and Facebook for development purposes? No.

Which Mac is best for Xcode? (2020)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.