You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DROPPED I PHONE 8+ IN WATER & IT WONT CHARGE

I accidentally dropped my supposedly "waterproof" I phone in water for only about 2 seconds and now it wont charge. I left it to dry all night and tried to tap out any water left, also blew into it which apparently might be bad. I dont think I can afford to get it fixed. Im kind of upset its not really waterproof. Anyone know how to fix it? I heard using rice is a myth but idk. Thanks.

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Jun 2, 2020 9:27 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2020 9:39 AM

No iphone is or ever has been waterproof and an IP water resistance rating is never a guarantee against water damage -> About splash, water, and dust resistance of iPhone 7 and later - Apple Support

Unfortunately, water damage (electrical shorted circuits and connections, corrosion) is usually instant or happens very quickly, and is not repairable. Your device will need to be replaced. An out of warranty replacement for an iPhone 8+ in the USA is $399 -> iPhone Repair - Official Apple Support. If you have AppleCare+ you can use one of your two accidental dmamage claims to reduce that fee to $99.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 2, 2020 9:39 AM in response to emilyalicia

No iphone is or ever has been waterproof and an IP water resistance rating is never a guarantee against water damage -> About splash, water, and dust resistance of iPhone 7 and later - Apple Support

Unfortunately, water damage (electrical shorted circuits and connections, corrosion) is usually instant or happens very quickly, and is not repairable. Your device will need to be replaced. An out of warranty replacement for an iPhone 8+ in the USA is $399 -> iPhone Repair - Official Apple Support. If you have AppleCare+ you can use one of your two accidental dmamage claims to reduce that fee to $99.

DROPPED I PHONE 8+ IN WATER & IT WONT CHARGE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.