You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Moisture in Lightning Port

I’ve received the same alert twice now when charging my phone. It states “charging is not available because liquid has been detected in the lightning connector. Disconnect to allow the connector to dry”. I unplugged it immediately, restarted the phone and kept it unplugged for 24 hours. When I woke up this morning it showed the same alert. Here’s the thing, my phone isn’t wet. I haven’t had it near anything where it could get wet.

I have an iPhone XS that I purchased brand new in July 2019.

Does anyone have any advice?

Thank you.

iPhone XS, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 2, 2020 7:09 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2020 7:25 AM

This happened to friend mines iPhone 8, so what he did was get hair dryer put it on the lowest heat settings and gradually heat the area near the charge port at a distance (he would leave it to rest for 30 mins (cool down) then did it two more times) which fixed his issue.

Failing this an old trick of putting the device in a sealed bag with uncooked rice can work to as the rice absorbs the moisture.

Hopefully this will work out for you :)

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 2, 2020 7:25 AM in response to OliveMcFly

This happened to friend mines iPhone 8, so what he did was get hair dryer put it on the lowest heat settings and gradually heat the area near the charge port at a distance (he would leave it to rest for 30 mins (cool down) then did it two more times) which fixed his issue.

Failing this an old trick of putting the device in a sealed bag with uncooked rice can work to as the rice absorbs the moisture.

Hopefully this will work out for you :)

Moisture in Lightning Port

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.