You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text messages are showing numbers instead of the contact name

I’m having an issue that in my text messages about 6 numbers that I saved recently, all within this week, are showing the numbers still instead of the contact name. The first letter of their name still shows in the bubble next to our thread. I have tried to delete one of the numbers and re save the contact. And that actually works for a second when I go back to my messages but it ends up going back to just the number. I’m sending ppl with the same area code the wrong messages due to not knowing who is who etc Can someone help please

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on May 31, 2020 5:42 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Jun 2, 2020 12:35 PM in response to antasia0524

Hey antasia0524,

I understand that your iPhone is showing a number instead of the name for many contacts.

Have you updated your iPhone? As outlined in the update notes, iOS 13.2 resolves an issue where a phone number is displayed instead of a contact name: About iOS 13 Updates - Apple Support

Here's the steps to update: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Let us know how that goes!

Text messages are showing numbers instead of the contact name

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.