You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slide Bar in Touch Bar not working in Safari

Why will the slide bar / scrubber not come up in Safari during a video in YouTube? It seems to only come up when I open Google Chrome first, and then toggle back to Safari! Also...why won't the scrubber feature work in Google Chrome YouTube?

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on May 30, 2020 1:53 PM

3 replies

Jun 1, 2020 1:05 PM in response to dbflorida

Hi there dbflorida,

It sounds as though you're having trouble with the Touch Bar not showing controls when in Safari. Utilizing the Touch Bar is very useful, I'd be glad to assist in seeking a solution!

First let's start with some basic steps that can resolve the issue. Below is a resource that can help:

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac

This resource includes steps on how to reset the NVRAM or PRAM of your Mac, if the Touch Bar is still not functioning as intended after resetting PRAM the next steps would be to reset the SMC:

How to reset the SMC of your Mac

Additionally, this resource below can provide more information and steps on how to customize the Touch Bar:

Customize the Touch Bar on Mac

I hope this helps,

Cheers!

Slide Bar in Touch Bar not working in Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.