You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change date and time of multiple photos that are result of 35mm slide conversion.

I converted several hundred slides to photos. They were all assigned a default date and time stamp. In an earlier version of photos (2.0 I think) I could just go through them sequentially. Now with photos 5.0 the image display jumps to the next photo AFTER the newly assigned date, rather than staying in the photos to which the incorrect date was assigned in conversion. How do I keep the app from moving the display to the new date? It forces me to have to go back to the old date to change the next photo for which I want to change the date which adds several steps to the process. It is impractical to convert hundreds of dates in this manner. There must be a way to convert a date stamp and then move to the next slide as was possible in earlier versions of Photo.

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on May 24, 2020 3:02 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

May 26, 2020 8:48 AM in response to JonHarrison35

Hello JonHarrison35,

It sounds like you have a number of images that would recently imported to your Photos app and now you need to go and edit the date and time. It sounds like you are now trying to go through and edit the information, however as soon as you update the date and time it moves to the desired date. I would wonder which album you are using to look at the photos. If it is by time it will update, so I would suggest looking at either recents or imports, depending on how the photos were imported.

If you need assistance with editing the information here the article on editing the photo data.

Add titles, descriptions, and more to photos using Photos on Mac

I hope this helps!

Cheers!

May 26, 2020 9:41 AM in response to JonHarrison35

JonHarrison35 wrote:
.. Now with photos 5.0 the image display jumps to the next photo AFTER the newly assigned date, rather than staying in the photos to which the incorrect date was assigned in conversion. How do I keep the app from moving the display to the new date?

Have you tried to collect the photos in an album and work from the album instead of working from the Imports or All photos view? if your photos are in an album and the album is not sorted by the date, the focus should remain on the current photo.

I am using an Apple Script to adjust the dates and times of photos, that should have essentially the same date. I am arranging the photos in a top level album in the order I want them sorted by time, thenajust the date and time of the first photo, select them all and run this script: Script: Batch Change the Date and Time to a Fixed Date

It will copy the date and time from the first selected photo to all other selected photos, but with an increment of one minute between successive photos, so they can be sorted by the date and time.

If I want to lift and stamp the location and other metadata as well, I use this script instead: Script: Lift and Stamp all Metadata from one Photo to All Other Selected Photos

Change date and time of multiple photos that are result of 35mm slide conversion.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.