You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting new MacBook Air and concerned about temperature

I am getting a new MacBook Air, and I have been reading on another forum that it has issues with heat. Could I use a laptop cooling mat with it to keep it cooler. Some people on the other site suggested that a cooling mat for MacBook Air might not work because it has a different cooling system from other laptops. Is this true, and would there be some cooling mats that would actually work with it?

I realize I would likely have to use a USB adapter with it

Posted on May 24, 2020 2:25 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 24, 2020 7:19 AM

Read Keep your Mac notebook within acceptable operating temperatures.

3 replies

May 24, 2020 7:57 AM in response to Arwen4CJ

You can certainly use one without any ill effect.

It's more important to give your Mac every opportunity to keep itself cool. In other words don't surround it with materials that impede the heat dissipation the Mac is designed for. Pillows / blankets / "skins", that sort of thing, and definitely don't cover its keyboard with anything.

Getting new MacBook Air and concerned about temperature

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.