You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music Deletes My Downloaded Songs While I'm Trying to Play Them

Sometimes, while I'm playing downloaded songs in my iphone, Apple Music will delete the songs while I am playing them (in the middle of the song!). How do I stop this from happening? I've heard that this might relate to memory optimization, but when I go to settings, music, I don't see the optimization selection that some others have referred to. I'm using ios 13. This is very upsetting to say the least. Thanks for any help you can give.

Posted on May 21, 2020 2:23 PM

6 replies

May 22, 2020 10:58 AM in response to mkpack

Hello mkpack,

I understand you are having issues with downloaded music being deleted while you are playing them, and I am happy to assist. The optimize storage option can affect this.

On iOS 13, you should be able to navigate to settings -> Music -> Optimize Storage. "Optimize Storage" should be located under the "Downloads" section in music settings.

Hope this helps and have a great day!

May 22, 2020 12:15 PM in response to raina_b22

Hi becky_s22,

Thank you for kindly responding to my plea for help. Unfortunately, when I go to "Settings" -> "Music" and look under "Downloads", I do not see "Optimize Storage." The only selection option I see under "Downloads" is "Downloaded Music". Do you know if there is some other selection I need to make to enable (make visible) "Optimize Storage"? To be more precise than my prior post, I'm using ios 13.4.1.

Cheers

Apple Music Deletes My Downloaded Songs While I'm Trying to Play Them

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.