You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does Apple deny an accidental App purchase by a minor?

My 6 year old daughter made an accidental/unauthorized in-App purchase ("Banquet Pack" $54.99). I immediately deleted the app and requested refund for the purchase. Apple denied by request twice. So I contacted the support via chat. She/he said she/he could not disclose the reason for the denied refund due to security reasons. Then she/he just referred me to their terms and conditions page, pointed to their refund policy, where it says "From time to time, Apple may refuse a refund request if we find evidence of fraud, refund abuse, or other manipulative behavior that entitles Apple to a corresponding counterclaim." So I asked, which of the "evidence of fraud", "refund abuse", or "other manipulative behavior" applied to my case?. She/he couldn't answer that question either. Then he/she just gave me a general service support number. how could this cause a security concern? why do they not refund me or at least tell me why?

iPad mini 5 Wi-Fi

Posted on May 21, 2020 7:23 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 21, 2020 9:22 AM

Only Apple knows why and we, other users, are not allowed to speculate about their reasoning.

To prevent such “accidents” in the future, set up your daughter with her own child Apple ID.

Family Sharing and Apple ID for your child:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201084

Similar questions

1 reply

Why does Apple deny an accidental App purchase by a minor?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.