You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Autocorrect Wrong Language even when that Language Dictionary is turned off in settings

I USED to have both the English and French language keyboards set-up in settings, so that I can toggle between them with the globe, but it ended up just being a pain to switch to emoji when needed.

SO I turned the French Keyboard off.

I also reset my keyboard settings and reset my keyboard dictionary.

I double checked, and I only have the English and Emoji Keyboards loaded.

HOWEVER, I am FREQUENTLY having my words being auto-corrected to French... ie: word "clue" auto-corrected to "côte" and so on and so forth.

I've also done a soft reset of my phone. Please HELP. (I don't want to have to do a full hard reset of my phone).

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 13

Posted on May 18, 2020 3:42 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 18, 2020 5:12 PM

Go to settings > general > language & region and try removing French from the list

Similar questions

2 replies

Autocorrect Wrong Language even when that Language Dictionary is turned off in settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.