You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Opening NUMBERS & PAGES

When I start my iMAC and open NUMBERS or PAGES, I first get a smaller inset box that shows my a selection of documents that I don't necessarily want to look at right now. It also gives me the open to select a NEW document. I just want to click on NUMBERS or PAGES and select OPEN RECENT and proceed to work from this point since many times I am working on a recent document.. Is this a default with Catalina or can I turn this option off ?

Thank you in advance for your help with this matter.

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.15

Posted on May 17, 2020 9:57 AM

3 replies

May 18, 2020 7:16 AM in response to Brudduh

Hi Brudduh,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. I understand you're looking to hide the Template Selection pane in Numbers and Pages. I can provide some insight on this.

You are correct that in macOS Catalina this is a default feature. Pages and Numbers will always show that pane upon launching. That being said there is a work around that might work for you.

In the dock, if you press command+option and click on the Pages/Numbers icon you will be presented with a menu. In this menu it will show you your recently worked on documents. If you select a recently worked on document Pages/Numbers will open directly to that document and bypass the Template Selection pane.

Best regards.

Opening NUMBERS & PAGES

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.