You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Birthdays not showing in Today View

Why does not birthdays show up here as a future activity?

When i go into the calendar the birthdays are visible.

I would really like to know if there is somebody birthday on my home screen without going in to my calendar everyday.

Im having the same issue with my iPhone also.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on May 16, 2020 2:41 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 16, 2020 3:55 AM

This is system “feature”. For some reason, known only to Apple, as perverse as it is, the native Calendar Widget’s functionality has always differed between iPad and iPhone. On iPad, all-day events and Birthdays do not show-up. Unfortunately, this is not resolvable via Settings.

The only fix that I and others have ever found, is to install one of the available third-party calendar widget from the App Store. Of those available, one of the better choices is Agenda: Widget+

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/agenda-widget/id978267867

This Widget is highly configurable - and resolves visibility of most events in the Today View.

I hope this is helpful to you.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 16, 2020 3:55 AM in response to Michaellundmark

This is system “feature”. For some reason, known only to Apple, as perverse as it is, the native Calendar Widget’s functionality has always differed between iPad and iPhone. On iPad, all-day events and Birthdays do not show-up. Unfortunately, this is not resolvable via Settings.

The only fix that I and others have ever found, is to install one of the available third-party calendar widget from the App Store. Of those available, one of the better choices is Agenda: Widget+

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/agenda-widget/id978267867

This Widget is highly configurable - and resolves visibility of most events in the Today View.

I hope this is helpful to you.

Birthdays not showing in Today View

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.