You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USB-C at HP laptop - fast charging iphone 8

Is it harmful to phone battery if I use the HP laptop to charge my phone (USB-C to lightning cable to charge iphone 8)?

Posted on May 10, 2020 10:17 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 11, 2020 4:05 PM

Hi ZoeJoeyYee, 

Thank you for out to Apple Support Communities. 

From your post, I see that you have a question about being able to fast charge your iPhone 8 using a USB-C cable and a PC. I want to help. You will be able to fast charge your iPhone 8 using a USB-C cable and your PC. An iPhone 8 supports fast charging. This article has more information about how to Fast charge your iPhone and iPad - Apple Support

Also, this article has more information on using a USB-C with a PC:  Charge and connect with the USB-C port on iPad Pro - Apple Support

Hope that helps.

Best Regards!

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 11, 2020 4:05 PM in response to ZoeJoeyYee

Hi ZoeJoeyYee, 

Thank you for out to Apple Support Communities. 

From your post, I see that you have a question about being able to fast charge your iPhone 8 using a USB-C cable and a PC. I want to help. You will be able to fast charge your iPhone 8 using a USB-C cable and your PC. An iPhone 8 supports fast charging. This article has more information about how to Fast charge your iPhone and iPad - Apple Support

Also, this article has more information on using a USB-C with a PC:  Charge and connect with the USB-C port on iPad Pro - Apple Support

Hope that helps.

Best Regards!

USB-C at HP laptop - fast charging iphone 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.