You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mid-2011 MacBook Air trying to upgrade OS.

I just bought a new iPhone SE, tried to connect to iTunes and was given an error. Updated iTunes, and I get a new error saying that to use my iPhone with iTunes, I need to install OS X 10.11.4 or later (currently on 10.10.5). I go to App Store and try to download Catalina — I know this doesn’t work with my Air, but I thought I would be given an option for a lower version — I get a message that says the version cannot be installed on my computer and no other options. There is a button to “learn more”, but nothing happens when I press this.

What are my options? My entire iTunes library is on this Mac.

MacBook Air

Posted on May 10, 2020 2:22 AM

3 replies

May 10, 2020 2:30 AM in response to VonLuken

Know that --> macOS Catalina is compatible with these computers - Apple ...

How to update the software on your Mac

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu , then click Software Update to check for updates.
  2. If any updates are available, click the Update Now button to install them. ...
  3. When Software Update says that your Mac is up to date, the installed version of macOS and all of its apps are also up to date.

How to update the software on your Mac - Apple Support

Mid-2011 MacBook Air trying to upgrade OS.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.