You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the best way to put text with an image above it on iMovie?

I am making a picture slideshow using iMovie which I have done numerous times before. But, this time, I would like to add text with an image above it. I'm not sure the best way to go about doing this. I did try putting a title on top of the image, but the words didn't pop enough for me. Ideally, I would like the image to be on its own above the words. Is there a way for me to do this?

Thank you in advance!!

MacBook Air

Posted on May 8, 2020 2:02 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 8, 2020 3:25 PM

Well, it's not the recommended way of doing it, but you could simply put the title in the main (lower) timeline and then place the image above it. Then you would use the Picture in Picture feature to insert and size the image onto the title. Here's a screen shot of an image above a Lower Third title:

-- Rich

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 8, 2020 3:25 PM in response to AliSun

Well, it's not the recommended way of doing it, but you could simply put the title in the main (lower) timeline and then place the image above it. Then you would use the Picture in Picture feature to insert and size the image onto the title. Here's a screen shot of an image above a Lower Third title:

-- Rich

What is the best way to put text with an image above it on iMovie?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.