You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I update my phone without WiFi but just data?

Posted on May 7, 2020 9:42 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 31, 2020 6:24 AM

You're not addressing Apple here. We are just users like you, not aware of Apple decisions or future plans.

If you'd like, let Apple know your request/suggestion using this link:--> Apple – Product Feedback - iPhone

Regards

Giulio

7 replies

May 31, 2020 6:24 AM in response to CrystalFF

You aren't speaking to Apple. We are all users on this user to user only forum. Telling "us" to sort this out, will get you nothing. And Apple is not the issue. Your cellular provider is the issue. In cooperation with the cellular providers, data limits (even if you have and pay for unlimited data) makes doing updates via data not possible.

When you figure out how to get the cellular providers to change this requirement, you will get what you want. Until then, you either need to have Wifi in your home (I'm guessing you don't own a computer?) or go somewhere where there is Wifi available to you.

May 31, 2020 6:35 AM in response to lobsterghost1

So much aggression; it’s unnecessary!! I’m sure that people/Apple will look over these posts...it makes commercial sense.

And yes, I do have a computer. I’ve been working from home remotely for the last 9/10 weeks. I also have Netflix, Amazon Video Etc etc...I run it all from my mobile phone package, which as I said, is a much better service than Wifi services here in the UK.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.