You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How delete photos on iCloud but not on my iPhone?

I have iCloud storage of 35 GB. So I want to downgrade the storage to free 5GB. With this situation, I have to delete the photos on iCloud alone (to free up the space in iCloud) & not on my iPhone. How do I do that?

Posted on May 6, 2020 4:06 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 6, 2020 4:17 PM

You cannot. iCloud is a synchronization service. Any changes or deletions you make to photos on the device will be reflected in iCloud and vice versa.

You will need to archive photos somewhere first for safe keeping, then clear them from your AppleID device and iCloud.

See -> Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 6, 2020 4:17 PM in response to BalajiUSA

You cannot. iCloud is a synchronization service. Any changes or deletions you make to photos on the device will be reflected in iCloud and vice versa.

You will need to archive photos somewhere first for safe keeping, then clear them from your AppleID device and iCloud.

See -> Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

How delete photos on iCloud but not on my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.