You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch 5 Orientation Does Not Work Correctly

Just got a new Watch 5 with cellular. To wear on my left wrist and view normally I need to orient as Left Wrist , Digital Crown on Left Side. How can I fix this to Left and Right Side, as the Watch is oriented? I have tried various combinations and also reset Watch but nothing seems to work.

Apple Watch

Posted on May 5, 2020 8:02 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 6, 2020 1:35 AM

Go into the watch app on the phone and tap on general/watch orientation and tap on Left Wrist and tap on Digital crown on left side and your watch will look like this;

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 6, 2020 1:35 AM in response to gitpaca

Go into the watch app on the phone and tap on general/watch orientation and tap on Left Wrist and tap on Digital crown on left side and your watch will look like this;

May 6, 2020 8:30 AM in response to Community User

Thanks fiery jack. Unfortunately the issue was I wanted the crown on right side as shown in your photo but could only get that orientation by telling it the crown was on the left side. In other words, all worked well except the crown sides were reversed from what the iPhone stated...if I tapped crown on left side and left wrist, the display you show was upside down. Anyway, by this morning it seems to have corrected itself so when I changed crown on left side to crown on right side nothing changed and all seems well. Mystery? Now to add to cellular plan, which seems to continually get lost on ATT website...ugh!

Thanks again for your prompt response and have a great day!

Watch 5 Orientation Does Not Work Correctly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.