You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Malware attack ????

I was browsing on iPhone IOS Safari and had a whole screen pop up hit me looking exactly like Apple format saying “ Apple security alert “ “ Malware has been detected “ your phone and battery has been infected “ “ to avoid further battery damage ( curious, since I have noticed my battery is becoming drained very fast ) Download free scanner app and VPN from the apple store “ and what looks like a apple store page pops up with a timer counting down for several minutes.... the app URL is * going app.xyz * since I’m not stupid I went to the App Store and did a search for “ going app.xyz “ no results...what’s going on ? What should I do ? HELP !!!!

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on May 5, 2020 1:19 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 5, 2020 1:20 PM

All such popup messages are scams. Close the offending page, and avoid sites that are involved in such bogus advertising tactics.

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

5 replies

Malware attack ????

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.