You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad pro data

I'm thinking about buying an ipad pro, with all the fixtures. However data has always confused me. I understand how the basics of mobile data works, but I am wondering if it is the same for an ipad. I am paying a lot for the pad and the accessories, so its important I know what I would be possibly paying monthly for use of data and how I should go about this.

If I have an ipad pro with cellar data and wifi and 128 GB.

Is the 128 GB just a capacity?

Is this data I can actually use after buying the product?

Would I have to go elsewhere to a device shop and buy a sim card, further paying monthly for data?

Posted on May 2, 2020 7:11 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 2, 2020 7:16 AM

128gb would be the storage on the Ipad. this can't be changed after you purchase it. Nothing to do with the data.

You would then pay a monthly amount for data, which can range from a 1GB to Unlimited, depending on network and cost per month.

But if you're all ways around wifi or have a iPhone which has a lot of date on your account you can use a hotspot so your Ipad has mobile data.

I think most people go for wifi only, as wifi is so readily available when out and about, shopping centres, restaurants, public transport.

So the extra cost +monthly data subscription isn't worth it.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 2, 2020 7:16 AM in response to Em_Rose18

128gb would be the storage on the Ipad. this can't be changed after you purchase it. Nothing to do with the data.

You would then pay a monthly amount for data, which can range from a 1GB to Unlimited, depending on network and cost per month.

But if you're all ways around wifi or have a iPhone which has a lot of date on your account you can use a hotspot so your Ipad has mobile data.

I think most people go for wifi only, as wifi is so readily available when out and about, shopping centres, restaurants, public transport.

So the extra cost +monthly data subscription isn't worth it.

ipad pro data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.