You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The email loads in Apple Mail under mailboxes, glitches, and then disappears

Upon successful addition of a new exchange email account under "Internet Accounts," the email loads in Apple Mail under mailboxes, glitches, and then disappears. I can edit the signature, send emails from it, respond, but when I try to delete or move an email from my inbox from that account it glitches. Any idea why the account isn't showing up in mail as a mailbox?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on May 1, 2020 2:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 2, 2020 6:42 AM

Science5 wrote:

Upon successful addition of a new exchange email account under "Internet Accounts," the email loads in Apple Mail under mailboxes, glitches, and then disappears. I can edit the signature, send emails from it, respond, but when I try to delete or move an email from my inbox from that account it glitches. Any idea why the account isn't showing up in mail as a mailbox?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Verify your third party software is up to date

Set up email in Mac OS X Mail - Microsoft Support

I'm not receiving email or other items in my Exchange account ...

Microsoft Outlook is a mail client. Purchase or subscribe to Microsoft Office, and you’ll have it.

Microsoft Outlook.com is also an email provider, semi-confusingly...

Microsoft has available the Outlook.com email settings.

Apple has available info on adding mail accounts to the macOS mail client.

You’ll be using the other path.

And there is troubleshooting info...

And a settings look-up tool...

ref: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251157547?answerId=252206790022#252206790022

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 2, 2020 6:42 AM in response to Science5

Science5 wrote:

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Verify your third party software is up to date

Set up email in Mac OS X Mail - Microsoft Support

I'm not receiving email or other items in my Exchange account ...

Microsoft Outlook is a mail client. Purchase or subscribe to Microsoft Office, and you’ll have it.

Microsoft Outlook.com is also an email provider, semi-confusingly...

Microsoft has available the Outlook.com email settings.

Apple has available info on adding mail accounts to the macOS mail client.

You’ll be using the other path.

And there is troubleshooting info...

And a settings look-up tool...

ref: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251157547?answerId=252206790022#252206790022

The email loads in Apple Mail under mailboxes, glitches, and then disappears

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.