You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Documents in app

I am trying to update an iPad app that was purchase from another apple ID which was no longer in used. I went and purchased the upgrade app from my iphone which has a Family Sharing with the iPad. When I try to update the app in the iPad, it ask me for the apple ID that was no longer in used.

Question: If I delete the app in the iPad, will it delete all the documents that was used in that app?

If yes, is there a way to delete only the app but retain all the data so that if I re-install the upgraded app, I can still read all the old files on it?

Posted on Apr 30, 2020 1:34 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2020 1:46 PM

Hello,

You would loose all documents and data associated with the applications once you delete them. You would need to manually store those application’s contents in another location before deleting.

1 reply

Documents in app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.