You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to access app switcher(clear apps running) on the new iPhone SE 2020?

I double tap the home button and half a screen appears, but I can’t find my apps that are running. Does anyone know how to find the app switcher on this phone?

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 30, 2020 10:07 AM

15 replies

Apr 30, 2020 10:25 AM in response to Lauraly26

Lauraly26 wrote:

I don’t want to remove apps. I want to close the running apps that are running in the background. I was always able to do that on my iPhone 5s

See this LINK for information on the apps in the app switcher (WHICH ARE NOT RUNNING)

CLICK HERE—>Do not close iPhone and iPad &#39;backgro… - Apple Community<—CLICK HERE

Apr 30, 2020 10:21 AM in response to Lauraly26

Lauraly26 wrote:

I don’t want to remove apps. I want to close the running apps that are running in the background. I was always able to do that on my iPhone 5s

The apps are NOT running in the background (except for a few exceptions). They are in a suspended state. You will gain nothing by removing them from Recents (force closing them) except possibly to use more battery life. But, if you really must, use the instructions I linked to.

Apr 30, 2020 11:04 AM in response to Lauraly26

That is the Reachability view. It moves the screen down so you can reach the icons at the top. It is activated on most phones by double-tapping the screen. So apparently the SE2 uses a different method. I haven’t been able to find what it is, and I don’t have one so I can’t experiment. But for the X and later you swipe up from the bottom of the screen and pause halfway up. You might try that.

As you have been told several times, the app switcher DOES NOT SHOW RUNNING APPS. It only shows apps that you have used recently. NONE OF THEM ARE RUNNING, and there is never a reason to kill them unless they stop working. Killing then INCREASES battery drain and slows down your phone. So until you find out how to access it on an SE 2 don’t worry about it.

How to access app switcher(clear apps running) on the new iPhone SE 2020?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.