You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri Audio Problem on MacBook Pro: Catalina 10.15.4

When I try to speak to Siri, I get the following response after a few seconds

Siri Audio Problem: Sire was unable to hear you. Please check that your microphone is connected... Open Sound Preferences.

I checked and the mic is connected and volumes are up. When I hit the sound icon in Menu Bar it shows the "internal Speakers" are checked.

Suggestions? Thanks

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 28, 2020 8:40 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2020 1:22 PM

Hey  llr46,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! Sounds like you're running into some trouble with Siri on your Mac, so let's team up and get to the bottom of it.

What you see in the sound icon is expected as that deals with the output device rather than an input device, like a microphone. Does your microphone work with other apps, like if you record an audio clip in Quicktime or make a FaceTime call? Also, you may want to restart your Mac and try again.

Test that out and report back with the results.

Have a good one!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 29, 2020 1:22 PM in response to llr46

Hey  llr46,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! Sounds like you're running into some trouble with Siri on your Mac, so let's team up and get to the bottom of it.

What you see in the sound icon is expected as that deals with the output device rather than an input device, like a microphone. Does your microphone work with other apps, like if you record an audio clip in Quicktime or make a FaceTime call? Also, you may want to restart your Mac and try again.

Test that out and report back with the results.

Have a good one!

Siri Audio Problem on MacBook Pro: Catalina 10.15.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.