You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 won't charge with USB A charger, but will with USB C charger. Any thoughts?

I'm perplexed. My iPhone 11 won't charge when plugged in to the USB A chargers. I've tried a few. But when I plug in with my USB C charger it works. So it doesn't look like it is a physical issue.

I tried updating my iOS version and restarted the phone, but no luck.

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 27, 2020 8:10 AM

1 reply

Apr 27, 2020 8:15 AM in response to adrosenb

It should work with a 1 amp or greater USB power source, but it will charge slowly if it is only 1 amp. It will not charge with any source that provides less than 1 amp. It should charge almost as fast as the USB-C source if you use a 7.5 watt or greater wireless charger or a 10 watt (2 amp) power source such as an iPad power adapter.

Be sure you are using either Apple power sources and cables or ones certified as Made for iPhone (MFI). Any others can permanently damage the phone.

iPhone 11 won't charge with USB A charger, but will with USB C charger. Any thoughts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.