You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot set up sbcglobal.net email account

AT&T recently upgraded security on their email. It now requires OAuth. According to their web site, Apple devices support this capability. On an iPhone XS, running the latest iOS, I am taken through an endless loop of change password screens. I even tried using a Security Key generated from the AT&T Profile, (which resolved the issue with Thunderbird), but even that does not work on the iPhone. local Apple stores and their Genius Bars are closed, as are nearby AT&T stores. Please help.

iPhone XS

Posted on Apr 27, 2020 6:25 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2020 7:26 AM

Thanks. Great rep at this number had me delete email account and reestablished it using “other” category, then use Key Code established through AT&T profile manager. It worked! Thank you for your help.

5 replies

Cannot set up sbcglobal.net email account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.