You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multiple bluetooth keyboards have problem with same key

I have a first gen iPad Pro, and have used a Logitech keyboard case for it for years. Just a few weeks ago the apostrophe key stopped working, so I ordered a new Logitech keyboard case. I used it successfully for a few days, but now the same key has stopped working! In some applications I can still get quotation marks with the shift key, but the apostrophe does not work anywhere. However it DOES work when I use the on screen keyboard.

Could this be a problem with the iPad, since it has followed me from one keyboard to another? How would I go about troubleshooting? iPad software is up to date, running iPadOS 13.4.1, and otherwise I have had no problems with the magnetic connector on either of the keyboards.

iPad Pro 12.9-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Apr 25, 2020 4:06 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2020 7:32 PM

Does anything happen when you tap on that key? There are two places where you can make some minor adjustments with keys on Bluetooth keyboards. See Settings>General>Keyboard>Hardware Keyboard. Another is Settings>Accessibility>TouchAssistive Touch>Mouse Keys. That should show something if you have a Bluetooth keyboard attached.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 25, 2020 7:32 PM in response to a-big-apple

Does anything happen when you tap on that key? There are two places where you can make some minor adjustments with keys on Bluetooth keyboards. See Settings>General>Keyboard>Hardware Keyboard. Another is Settings>Accessibility>TouchAssistive Touch>Mouse Keys. That should show something if you have a Bluetooth keyboard attached.

May 15, 2020 7:32 AM in response to a-big-apple

I have had the same problem for the a couple of weeks now. I found a post about changing the keyboard to English UK. I deleted my English US and added the English UK. After changing the keyboard settings, I did slide the Bluetooth off and back on, but I only did that because the other post suggested it. Yay! I can type words with apostrophes again and the “&” key is working.

Multiple bluetooth keyboards have problem with same key

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.