You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My apple ID account just doesn't have such thing as App-Specific Passwords. That phrase just doesn't exist.

I'm trying to sign in my icloud mail using third party service like Mail on Window 10. I follow the step on Youtube. I am required to enter the password generated by App-Specific Password. But When I went to security, there is no App-Specific Password under Trusted Phone Number. All those things were changed. Even if I clicked Edit. Such option doesn't come up. Please a look at my screenshot

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

Posted on Apr 22, 2020 5:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2020 5:32 PM

You need to have 2 Factor Authentication or 2 Step Verification enabled on your account to create app specific passwords.

Apple ID -Two-factor authentication          

Two Factor Authentification availability.     

Apple ID - Using app-specific passwords.     

Apple ID - Two Step Verifications FAQ    

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 22, 2020 5:32 PM in response to tharasrey

You need to have 2 Factor Authentication or 2 Step Verification enabled on your account to create app specific passwords.

Apple ID -Two-factor authentication          

Two Factor Authentification availability.     

Apple ID - Using app-specific passwords.     

Apple ID - Two Step Verifications FAQ    

My apple ID account just doesn't have such thing as App-Specific Passwords. That phrase just doesn't exist.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.