You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch

Hello I bought an apple Watch 3 on eBay, now I want to link them to my iPhone and when linking requests the apple id of the previous owner I wrote to him but he does not answer what should I do?

Posted on Apr 21, 2020 3:14 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2020 3:39 AM

Unless he answers and follows these steps;

What to do before you sell, give away or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else – Apple Support

Then you should contact Ebay and start the proceedure to get your money back,the watch is activation locked and will not work with your phone until the lock is removed.

Activation lock is an anti theft device and can only be removed by the person that setup the watch originally with their apple id.

Sorry for the bad news.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 21, 2020 3:39 AM in response to Tajibaev

Unless he answers and follows these steps;

What to do before you sell, give away or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else – Apple Support

Then you should contact Ebay and start the proceedure to get your money back,the watch is activation locked and will not work with your phone until the lock is removed.

Activation lock is an anti theft device and can only be removed by the person that setup the watch originally with their apple id.

Sorry for the bad news.

Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.