You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Charging time with longer cord

How much longer does it take to charge a IPhone with a 6.6 ft cable vs 3.6 cable. This is when using official Apple Chargers . Asking for new cable for Mother’s Day. Trying to decide on 6 1/2 Ft vs 3 1/2 ft. Thanks for any feedback.

Posted on Apr 21, 2020 2:23 AM

9 replies

Apr 22, 2020 2:26 PM in response to VDianne

Hi VDianne,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help with your iPhone and charging. It sounds like you want to know if it will take longer to to charge an iPhone with a 6.5 foot cable. There should be no discernible difference.

However, if you have an iPhone 8 or newer and it didn't come with a USB-C charger and a USB-C to lightning cable, you can purchase those pieces separately and get the benefit of fast charging. Check out: Fast charge your iPhone.

Have a fantastic day!

Apr 22, 2020 8:03 PM in response to VDianne

If you are asking if you can plug them all in at once - No.

If you are asking will the cable and power supply be able charge all 3 of those separately - Yes

They will all be compatible with the same type of power supply and cable.

Apr 22, 2020 10:22 PM in response to deggie

But do you use a Fast Charger.? I’m looking for something to charge iPhone and IPad faster if I need to. Also another question please. I read you can use a Power Adapter from IPad. 10W adapter to charge a IPhone faster. Is this true ?? If so will it hurt battery or IPhone. Thanks for your help. Just discovered this forum again. Forgot about it. I’m a senior woman and forgetful. Lol.

Charging time with longer cord

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.