You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch

im looking to buy the Apple Watch series 5 but have no idea if i can connect everything from my phone as im on tesco mobile. does anyone know if i will atill recieve messages and be able to use data? or will i have to get a separate contract for the watch?

Posted on Apr 19, 2020 6:19 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2020 6:26 AM

GPS only Version.

Apple Watch Series 5 (GPS) lets you send and receive text messages, answer phone calls and receive notifications when it’s connected to your iPhone via Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. The built-in GPS works independently of your iPhone for distance, pace and route mapping in workouts.

GPS + Cellular Version.

Apple Watch Series 5 (GPS + Cellular) has all the same features, as well as built-in cellular. It gives you the freedom to send and receive text messages, answer phone calls, receive notifications, and stream Apple Music and Apple Podcasts — even when you don’t have your iPhone with you.

Tesco mobile doesn't support the cellular apple watch,EE,Vodaphone and O2 are the only network providers in the UK that support the watch.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 19, 2020 6:26 AM in response to Mia2234

GPS only Version.

Apple Watch Series 5 (GPS) lets you send and receive text messages, answer phone calls and receive notifications when it’s connected to your iPhone via Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. The built-in GPS works independently of your iPhone for distance, pace and route mapping in workouts.

GPS + Cellular Version.

Apple Watch Series 5 (GPS + Cellular) has all the same features, as well as built-in cellular. It gives you the freedom to send and receive text messages, answer phone calls, receive notifications, and stream Apple Music and Apple Podcasts — even when you don’t have your iPhone with you.

Tesco mobile doesn't support the cellular apple watch,EE,Vodaphone and O2 are the only network providers in the UK that support the watch.

Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.