You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Face id doesn’t work

While i was taken a shower 🚿 using my iPhone, the face ID was working but when I finished the face ID stop 🛑 working. This some drop of water 💧 in the front and back camera 📷

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 18, 2020 10:19 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2020 10:44 AM

It appears that you may have exposed your iPhone to water while you were taking a shower. iPhones are NOT waterproof. They are water resistant. The newer models can handle an occasional splash of water and submersion in in shallow still water under the best of circumstances. You should do all you can to keep water away from your iPhone regardless of which model you own.

Your pictures indicate that there is moisture in the lens of the back and front cameras and thus getting in the way of Face ID authentication.

Do not use the phone for a few hours and do not plug it in to charge during that time. Once you feel that the iPhone has had a chance to dry out and the moisture inside has vaporized then try Face ID again. Good Luck,

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 18, 2020 10:44 AM in response to abdo120

It appears that you may have exposed your iPhone to water while you were taking a shower. iPhones are NOT waterproof. They are water resistant. The newer models can handle an occasional splash of water and submersion in in shallow still water under the best of circumstances. You should do all you can to keep water away from your iPhone regardless of which model you own.

Your pictures indicate that there is moisture in the lens of the back and front cameras and thus getting in the way of Face ID authentication.

Do not use the phone for a few hours and do not plug it in to charge during that time. Once you feel that the iPhone has had a chance to dry out and the moisture inside has vaporized then try Face ID again. Good Luck,

Axel F.

Face id doesn’t work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.