You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activity not showing route I have taken after using Apple "Workout" app.

I have been using the native iPhone Workout App for well over a year, and it had been working great. Several months ago, my route was no longer visible after an "outdoor walk". I assumed this was just an update and routes would still be shown on runs or other activities. After taking up running I have noticed that the route still isn't shown. I am assuming this hasn't been removed as a feature and something is going wrong.

I am currently on the most up to date software on both my Apple Watch Series 3 and iPhone 11 Pro. Both have also been "hard reset" but to no avail.

Seen previous issue around 2017 with Watch OS 4 but haven't seen any more recent posts.

I have checked settings>privacy>location services. Location services is enabled, however, Apple Watch / Watch / Activity / Workout apps are not listed for me to be able to see current location service status, should any of them be listed here, and if so how would I go about fixing that? Have turned off location services for several minutes before turning it back on also, but again this hasn't helped.

If anyone has any other ideas I would appreciate some advice!

Thanks

Scott

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 6

Posted on Apr 15, 2020 3:12 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2020 4:02 AM

Unpair and re-pair the watch and selelect setup as new,you will be asked if you want to enable route tracking answer yes and you will be able to select while using the app in location settings on the phone in Settings/Privacy/Location Services.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 15, 2020 4:02 AM in response to ScottWallace

Unpair and re-pair the watch and selelect setup as new,you will be asked if you want to enable route tracking answer yes and you will be able to select while using the app in location settings on the phone in Settings/Privacy/Location Services.

Activity not showing route I have taken after using Apple "Workout" app.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.