You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes: certain songs won't play, keep requesting authorization

I have certain songs that I downloaded but can't listen to. I'll click the song, and it opens the log in box telling me I need to authorize my pc. So I log in and it accepts my login, no problem. But when I select the song again, it once again tells me I need to authorize the computer. This happens over and over, I can never listen to these select songs. What can I do?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Apr 14, 2020 1:30 PM

1 reply

Apr 15, 2020 10:26 AM in response to Seabee44

Hi Seabee44,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today. As I am understanding, you have iTunes songs that you are unable to listen to on your PC. You receive a message that your computer needs to be authorized. I'll do my best to help you listen to your music again.

Is it possible the unplayable songs were downloaded with a different Apple ID?

This article has steps that might help: If iTunes for Windows prompts you to authorize your computer when you try to play purchases.

You may even need to delete the songs and download them again: Delete songs and other items in iTunes on PC.

Then you will want to follow: Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books

Have a fantastic day!

Itunes: certain songs won't play, keep requesting authorization

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.